Through this Policy, the Company regards personal information of the users as important and inform them of the purpose and method of Company's using the personal information provided by the users and the measures taken by the Company for protection of those personal information.
This Policy will be effective on the 1st day of February 2019 and, in case of modification thereof, the Company will make public notice of it through posting it on Company's website.
1. Information to be collected and method of collection
(1) Personal information items to be collected
Personal information items to be collected by the Company are as follows:
• Information provided by the users
The Company may collect the information directly provided by the users.
- Contact information (e.g. your name, personal identification number, postal or e-mail address, telephone numbers)
- Personal content preferences
- Messages to the Services (e.g. chat logs, your support tickets)
- Other data that you voluntarily provide (e.g. data to identify a lost account)
• Information collected while the users use services
Besides of information directly provided by the users, the Company may collect information in the course that the users use the service provided by the Company.
- Equipment information (Equipment identifier, operation system, hardware version, equipment set-up and telephone number)
- Log information (Log data, use time)
(2) Method of collection
The Company collects the information of users in a way of the followings:
- webpage, written form, fax, telephone calling, e-mailing.
- provided by partner companies
- Preference, visited pages regarding service use of users
2. Use of collected information
The Company uses the collected information of users for the following purposes:
- Member management and identification
- To detect and deter unauthorized or fraudulent use of or abuse of the Service
- Performance of contract and service fee settlement regarding provision of services demanded by the users
- Improvement of existing services and development of new services
- Making notice of function of company sites or applications or matters on policy change
- To comply with applicable laws or legal obligation
The Company agrees that it will obtain consent from the users, if the Company desires to use the information other than those expressly stated in this Policy.
3. Sharing collected information
Except for the following cases, the Company will not share personal information with a 3rd party:
• when the Company shares the information with its affiliates, partners and service providers;
- When the Company's affiliates, partners and service providers carry out services such as bill payment, execution of orders, products delivery and dispute resolution (including disputes on payment and delivery) for and on behalf of the Company
• when the users consent the sharing in advance;
- when the user selects to be provided by the information of products and services of certain companies by sharing his or her personal information with those companies
- other cases where the user gives prior consent for sharing his or her personal information
• when the sharing is required by the laws
- if required to be disclosed by the laws and regulations; or
- if required to be disclosed by the investigative agencies for detecting crimes in accordance with the procedure and method as prescribed in the laws and regulations
4. Users' right to access and option
The users or their legal representatives, as main agents of the information, may exercise the following options regarding the collection, use and sharing of personal information by the Company:
• exercise right to access to personal information;
• make corrections or deletion;
• make temporary suspension of treatment of personal information; or
• request the withdrawal of their consent provided before
If, in order to exercise the above options, you, as an user, contact the Company by sending an e-mails to the responsible department (or person in charge of management of personal information), the Company will take measures without delay: Provided that the Company may reject the request of you only to the extent that there exists either proper cause as prescribed in the laws or equivalent cause.
Ensuring the security in the course of performing the Services is a top priority for us. We take appropriate security and technical measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, loss, and misuse. To achieve this purpose, we also request our suppliers who process personal information on our behalf to take appropriate security measures.
- Analyze and monitor the use of the Services.
- Moderate and monitor chats
- Prevent cheating, crime, or fraud
- Take action against fraudulent or misbehaving users
- Pass your information to agencies or organizations in charge of crime and fraud prevention and repression
Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal data, nor can we ensure the security of any of the communication facilities provided by us. We recommend that you exercise caution when disclosing any information through the Services. In particular, please note that any personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data that you communicate or disclose to any user in connection with the Services may be collected and used by others. As such, you should take care of the information shared online. Please also be reminded that any questions answers, comments, or submissions that you post in the forum will be publicly available.
6. Modification of Privacy Protection Policy
The Company has the right to amend or modify this Policy from time to time and, in such case, the Company will make a public notice of it through its website (or through individual notice such as written document, fax or e-mail) and obtain consent from the users if required by relevant laws.
7. Responsible department of Company
The Company designates the following department and person in charge of personal information in order to protect personal information of customers and deal with complaints from customers:
• Department responsible for privacy protection and customer service :
HUP Games Customer Service
The latest update date: 09th Jan., 2024